30 Days of Truth: Day 1 I Hate

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.

This is a pretty tough one to answer. There isn't just one thing I hate about there's about 50. But I will pick one and go.

Since I was just talking about this "flaw" of mine last night with someone, it's fresh on my mind. One of the things I hate about myself is that I care too much about what people think about me.

I don't know why I care but I do. I've been this way for as long as I can remember. It's not anyway to live I can tell you that. I think that it goes hand in hand with my medium to low self-esteem issues and the fear that no matter what it relates to I have the almost self-paralyzing fear that I am just not good enough.

I care about what people think about how I look, what I do, what I don't do, what I write...etc. I would write 100 times more than I do if I wasn't so concerned about what people think about what I write. It's so bad that it's to the point where I worry about what people think about the tattoos I get. Seriously, that is a little too much. I'm tattooed and proud of it.

I'm trying not to worry so much about it and just be me without the filters. It'll take some time. Well, actually a lot of time to get to that point but I'm hoping to reach it eventually.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm a bit like that myself. I hate when other people dislike me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that too. I try to act like it doesn't bother me but inside it kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I really worry about what others think of me is my weight. I have always been that way (Even when I was lot skinnier) and it totally contributes to my low self esteem. Thankfully I have an awesome husband who tells me how beautiful I am when I get down on myself. Why is it we care??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, I am the exact same way. I constantly worry about other people think of my weight and wonder if they are looking down on me or judging me for it. I'm super nervous about meeting new people because of it. I have no clue why we care. We shouldn't. I think you are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks Marie and you are a beautiful person inside and out!

    ReplyDelete



Subscibe via Email

Enter your email address:

Powered by Blogger.