30 Days of Truth: Day 14

Day 14 → A hero that has let you down.

One of the people I was closest to around my teenage years was my uncle Andy. We were so close, he was more like my older brother than an uncle. I adored the hell out of him. He's my biological father's youngest brother. He was the only one in that side of the family that I really connected to (other than my brother).

He moved away for work when I was 19 and we grew apart. Mostly  because of a letter I wrote him. Instead of talking to me about it, he shut me out of his life completely. I've tried several times to try to start some sort of a relationship again but it never goes anywhere. He's still upset about what I wrote him. I've apologized over and over again but he won't let it go.

He let me down by just shutting me out of his life. I still love him but I don't look at him the same anymore. It sucks because at one time, he was my biggest confidant and there were times I needed that friendship and support and he wasn't there. I hope that one day, we can at least be friendly again. Right now, we're at a point of being civil with each other.He's missed out getting to know me as an adult and having a place in my life. It sucks losing a relationship with someone you were close to over something that happened when you were a teenager. How many of us do stupid and unexplainable things when we are 19?

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Subscibe via Email

Enter your email address:

Powered by Blogger.