30 Days of Truth: Day 4

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.

There are probably a few that I need to forgive to move on with things. But I don't forgive easily and I never forget. I'm good at holding grudges and not letting go easily.

The one person who I needed to forgive the most would be my biological father, or as I like to refer to him... The Sperm Donor. I hate so much anger and hatred towards him it was killing me.

As fathers go, he was pretty much useless. My mom remarried when I was 4, I think and the man she married is the man I consider my dad. In my eyes, he's the only father I have. He raised me, loved me, provided for me, taught me. He's my daddy and I adore him, couldn't love him anymore than I do at this moment. So I didn't really see much use for the sperm donor. I never wanted to see him or spend time with him. I didn't respect him and as of this day today, I have no love for him.
He was an irresponsible father. He would not take care of what he should. I am very lucky that I had a man in my life that stepped up and was there for us. He refused to keep a job. He went from job to job to job, mostly to avoid having to pay child support. He was an alcoholic, immature and a compulsive liar.

I was filled with so much anger for him. Finally, 3 years ago I realize I need to release this anger I had for him. I let go of it and tried to have him in my life but nothing has changed so he is not in my life. But I feel better not wasting all my energy hating him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Subscibe via Email

Enter your email address:

Powered by Blogger.