30 Days of Truth: Day 13 Singer Soulmate

Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days.

I've been looking forward to answering this question so much. Music pretty much rules my world. It's my therapy. I even have a tattoo of a music note behind my ear.


The person I'm writing this post about is my favorite artist in the whole world. I was going to put singer but she does much more than sing. I've referred to this person as my Singer Soulmate. She is:


There isn't anything she's done musically that I haven't loved. I can relate to everything she's put out. Her music has gotten me through some ugly times. Her Funhouse CD got me through leaving my husband. My friend Ashley introduced me to her song " So What" before I had heard it. She told me it was perfect for what I was going through. And it was perfect. It was my divorce anthem song for awhile. That whole cd almost mirrors what my ex and I were going through when we were together. I actually didn't feel like the only one who had problems like that in a marriage. Her and her hubby worked things out, we didn't. 

Her words and music hit me like no one else's does. Other than relating to her music. I love that she is who she is and doesn't try to please anyone else by going with what's mainstream. She's unique.  She was touring in Germany when I lived there and I hate that I didn't get to see her. My one goal is to see her in person. I would give all the money I to go see her in concert.

She's my Shero!

1 comment:

  1. I had totally forgot I told you about that song! I know when I got divorced I loved Who Knew. Like you said she is a total kick ass artist!

    ReplyDelete



Subscibe via Email

Enter your email address:

Powered by Blogger.