I'll be home for Christmas

For once, taking early flights came in handy. I narrowly missed getting stuck in Chicago! The flight into Detroit after mine, was cancelled due to an ice storm they were expected. After I landed, my mom called me and told me they saw on the news that more flights were being cancelled from O'Hare airport.

My flight was a 620a yesterday. I only got 1 hour of sleep the night before. I think I "might" have gotten an hour of sleep on the flight from Knoxville to Chicago. I was falling asleep while I was waiting for my flight to Detroit. The flight to Detroit is only 45 minutes so I really didn't think I would get any sleep. Turns out the drunk guy across the aisle from me, wanted to make sure no one got any sleep or any quiet on that flight.

I had to wait out in the freezing cold for 30 minutes for my dad. Turns out, I was waiting in the wrong area. Oh well... After he got me, I told him mom wanted us to get her some wine, so we went from the airport to Trader Joe's to get her wine. He decided to make spaghetti for dinner so we also picked up some spaghetti sauce. I wanted to go see my brother asap so we decided to eat lunch there.

My brother is a sushi chef. On the menu, there is probably only about 3 things I would even consider eating. And all of them are chicken. I don't do seafood. Which means I don't do uncooked fish. He did convince me to eat some seaweed. Which tasted like cold grass. He made me Dak Bok-um (probably spelling that wrong)and it was amazing. It was marinated chicken and grilled vegetables in a spicy sauce with steamed rice. He was able to take a break and eat with us which was cool. I was super excited to see him. I hadn't seen him in a year and a half. He looks different. His hair is long. But he just looks different. More grown-up I guess. I still can't believe he is 29. He's still my baby brother, though.

After we ate, Dad and I went and did a little grocery shopping. Once we got home, I talked to Melodie and make plans for her to stop by after she got done shopping with her nieces. She came over and we spent a few hours together. I am so glad we got to spend some time together. We hadn't seen each other since 2005 (way too long ago). It was nice to just sit and talk and hang out at the house. Seemed like old times. My allergies went crazy while she was her. I'm horribly allergic to my dad's cat. My face broke out in welts and I was just plain miserable. Melodie asked if I wanted to go shopping to get out of the house. I didn't want to go shopping but I said we can go pop in on Carlos so you can see him. She wanted to do that so we stopped in to see him then we drove around for awhile.

As soon as I got back to the house, my allergies started going crazy again. Dad decided he wanted pizza for dinner. So we ordered at pizza and watched Glee. Not long after that I had to take some allergy medicine which makes me sleepy so I ended up going to bed at 930pm.

It was a good, busy day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Subscibe via Email

Enter your email address:

Powered by Blogger.